Kelly Services is searching for an international aerospace Company:
SPACE RIDER SYSTEM SYNTHESIS ENGINEER
The candidate, under the direct authority of the Space Rider Space Segment Manager, will support the technical and programmatic implementation of the Space Segment activities, including the AVUM Orbital Module (AOM) and the Re-entry Module (RM), providing system synthesis support for the overall Space Segment frame of activities.
Detailed Task Description:
- support in the management of Space Segment end-to-end system definition, adaptation/development, qualification and operation, including Multi Purpose Cargo Bay (MPCB) and Payloads related interfaces specification in coordination with the Payload & Exploitation Manager;
- support in the management of AOM/RM end-to-end system engineering aspects (e.g. mission analysis, visibility analysis, thermal and structural analysis, trajectories, aerodynamics, aerothermodynamics, flying qualities),
- support in the elaboration of the AOM/RM end-to-end system synthesis aspects (e.g. performance, budgets, margins, internal and external interfaces, including launcher I/Fs, payloads I/Fs, ground segment I/Fs), in coordination with the System AIT Manager, the Ground Segment Manager and the Payloads and Exploitation Manager
- support in the management of AOM/RM end-to-end system manufacturing, assembly, integration and verification, including AOM and/or RM environmental, functional, descent and landing testing, integrated system testing;
- support in the management of the Space Segment aspects concerning the end-to-end system AIT assembly, integration and testing activities, in coordination with the System AIT Manager, with the Ground Segment Manager and the Payloads and Exploitation Manager;
- support in the management of the RM specific refurbishment, reusability, operability and maintainability aspects, including turn-around cycles and readiness for subsequent flights, in coordination with the Reusability and Maintenance Manager
- support in synthesis documents writing, in review management, in overall system synthesis activities.
Specific Competence Requirements
- Experience of at least five years gained in industry in system synthesis roles, preferably in the aerospace sector
- Structured and self-organizing work attitude including attention to detail.
- Capacity to work under pressure and to cope with stress and deadlines
- Senior level of technical writing skills and command of the English language - both written and spoken. Knowledge of other European languages (particularly Italian and/or French) will be considered an asset.
- High degree of (desktop) computer literacy, deep knowledge of MS-Office products (particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Knowledge of MS-Project is considered an asset.
Results orientation includes having a proactive attitude and the ability to evaluate and plan professional tasks and ask for support when required.
Teamwork includes the ability to work effectively with different teams on an interdisciplinary basis.
Relationship management includes the ability to assess and be sensitive to different perceptions and groups and in resolving problems or conflicts.
Proven ability to build positive relationships within a project team and with industrial partners.
Master's degree qualification in engineering or related discipline, with previous experience in industry
Qualification and Category, Pay and Conditions will be related to the seniority of the Candidate
Place of work: Rome (South)
Kelly Services S.p.A., iscritta in data 26/11/2004 nell'Albo Informatico delle Agenzie per il Lavoro, Sez. I., prot. n. 1098-SG. I candidati ambosessi (L. 903/77) sono invitati a leggere sul sito www.kellyservices.it l'informativa sulla Privacy (Regolamento UE 2016/679).
Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role. Should you choose to apply, your information will be processed in accordance with Kelly's Privacy Statement
As an Equal Opportunities employer we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.